Instagram

5/28/2014

Taking chances, making changes

How is everyone? I'm scared to admit but I'm feeling pretty good. The reason why I am scared to admit is because I haven't felt well in a long time. I have been eating clean since a week, and I notice the difference. I've had no artifical/added sugar, only from fruits, and it makes such a big difference. I have always been sensitive towards eating foods with sugar, as cookies, pie, cake, sweets and so many more things I love(d). But whenever I would eat such a thing I would feel on top of the world for 30 minutes, and afterwards I just wanted to lay in bed. This got me thinking..if that is the result, how healthy is it for my body and mind? I don't feel sluggish anymore..well thats a first! And you know, there are really nice recipes out there to eat clean and not feel hungry or like a rabbit. 




I have been doing pilates everyday with Cassey Ho, from blogilates, and I have to admit my stamina sucks. The first three days I was sweating like crazy, after just a couple of minutes. I guess that's a good thing, but also an realization of the bad shape I am in. Right now I'm at that point that mentally I'm not really in the mood to workout, so it is harder on me physically. If you can give into it with your mind, then it will be easier for your body. Now I'm just thinking 'I don't want to do this…how many more minutes…I should just quit and eat some cookies'. But everyday when I was done I felt proud. Because I admit I am a quitter. I do something and when it gets difficult I quit. So to continue is a big thing for me. It makes me stronger physically and mentally. Knowing that you can achieve anything you put your mind to motivates me everyday. 



Eating habits:
First thing I do when I wake up is drink 16 ounces of water. I really like this start of the day. Sometimes I add lemon juice, but to be honest I cannot stand the taste of it. I wait with eating breakfast for about 20 -30 minutes. You can drink it right out of bed, get dressed and then eat breakfast. 

Breakfast: omelet consisting of 2 eggs, soy milk, bell pepper and herbs.
                 whole grain sandwich with peanut butter
                 low fat plain yogurt with muesli
                 banana pancakes (2 eggs and 1 banana)

Lunch:     1 or 2 whole grain sandwiches with 1/2 avocado and pepper
                Any of the other breakfast options
                Salad including 1 boiled egg and avocado

Diner:  Anything healthy! Whole grain options for pasta and mexican dishes. What vegetables are at your local supermarket, market or own garden and make a dish out of it. Add protein, as in eggs, fish, white meats, cheese, yogurt or beans, some carbs, and your done. It is about playing with the food you have and create a dish you like. 

Snacks: Smoothie with any kind of fruit you like. I always add some cinnamon, tastes great. If   it is warm get frozen fruit and add it to your smoothie.
              Rice cracker with low fat peanut butter or cheese
              Fruit
              Search for recipes that contain your favorite foods but in an healthier version. 
               




REMEMBER:
1. Eat things because you like them, not because someone tells you to do so. Everyone recommended avocado to me, and eating it made me want to vomit. But adding pepper makes it taste so yummy, and it is really filling and has healthy fat. If you don't like the taste of something, don't force yourself. 
2. Eating clean is not a punishment, it is a treat to your body. I have only done it a week and have never felt better. Energy levels stay the same throughout the day and I am happier. Once your mind become positive towards it, your whole attitude changes. 
3. Do exercise that you like and figure out a routine that works for you. I have read many posts of people that say to exercise in the morning because you will burn more calories during the day. Guess what, it doesn't work for me. If I would do the same exercise in the morning I cannot finish it. My body is too tired and I don't have a lot of energy. For me it works best around 3 PM, so I will workout at that time.
4. The beginning is the hardest. This week it was so extremely difficult to not take that cookie that was offered. I ate clean the whole day so now I can take that cookie right? But that was not the promise I made to myself. I'm also not saying that you cannot eat that cookie, because you can. But this wasn't in the plan I had written out for myself to stick to, so I couldn't cheat on myself.
5. Write or make a plan for yourself. I started a weightless journey at the beginning of the year, and the reason I didn't  stick with it because I didn't have a clear plan for myself. ''Lets lose the weight you gained the past 6 months was my plan. 
6. DON"T GIVE UP



If you have a tumblr or fitblr, you can follow me on here

No comments:

Post a Comment