Instagram

6/10/2013

Detox

I actually wanted to do a detox over Christmas break because during the fall semester it was hard to take care of myself. I had lots of energydrinks, coffee, salty foods and products with artifical sugars (diet coke etc.) As the spring semester is ending, I have three weeks left with no exams..I thought it be a good idea to try it out. I have read a lot about it, searched for recipes and decided to try as hard as I can. 


I know a lot of companies and people are out there offering and selling detox plans, supplements etc. But honestly, I think that is BS. You can figure it out on your own, so much information is available on the internet. Not only do I hope to clean my body, but my mind as well. So many negative thoughts and feeling; perhaps if I feel better physically, my mind will also feel better. Besides that, I think it will have great benefits for my liver, kidney and other organs that need to be taken care of.

Food and Exercise
For the past four days I have consumed less products as coffee (only drinking water) and eating fruits and veggies. I don't want my body to go in total shock, and normally I already eat healthy so I think it will be alright. As far for my energy levels I cannot do my regular exercise routines. I will do yoga and less intense pilates, so just to keep up and stay in shape. In one way this detox is a perfect excuse not having intense workouts, although I will miss them. 


I will post everyday as I am doing this detox, for atleast 5 days. Posting pictures and blogging about what I have or will eat(en). As though I want to encourage everyone to take care of their bodies, I am not telling you to do this. I am just curious and want to try it out. I will talk about my experience, how I feel and whether I would recommend it. If you feel like joining, feel free to do so. We can encourage and motivate each other. But please do read into it..and prepare yourself and your body. If you are a hardcore drinker of coffee, energydrinks, alchohol or soda's you probably want to take it slow. And plan it in a week where you don't have (too many) appointments, exams or phyiscal activities taking place. 

But...
Also, I am not doing this to loose weight, but to cleanse my body. Just wanted to point that out. If you want to loose weight you should probably change your lifestyle rather than crashing it. Also, I kind of invented my own diet; I took 'approperiate' foods and play with it. There is no existing meal plan I am following as they are pretty costly. 

So in this picture I want to point out that this isn't a diet. You can have a look at the differences and decided for yourself. In the end it is about taking  care of yourself and fueling your body with the right nutrients. 


No comments:

Post a Comment