Instagram

1/18/2016

Blue monday


If there is one topic which needs increased awareness, it should be mental health. Today is blue monday, apparently the most depressing day of the year. We have come to the realization that the new year has officially started and the cold and dark days don't really help with feeling happy. Having battled severe depression myself, I know the stigma on this topic. Shame and embarrassment overrule everything, and it is afterwards that I dare to admit that I have battled it, while during this period I was too scared of what people would think or say. I hope you find the courage to seek help, because there is no reason for shame. It is not or ever will be your fault. 

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind
- c.s. Lewis

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment