Instagram

4/03/2014

50 Questions that will free your mind - part 1



I saw the 50 questions that will free your mind TAG at this page and liked the fact that it was different compared to all the other TAG's out there. It will make you think more about yourself and what you stand for and believe in. I would suggest to answer the questions for yourself and do the TAG.

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 18
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? My head says never trying and my belly says failing. I hate failing, but am scared of trying. 
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Because we always want what we cannot have. And when we do have it, there is always something different that we want. It's like our nature to want something we cannot have. The grass is greener on the other side...
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I am afraid I will have said more than done. I guess being aware of this fact makes me want to achieve more. Actions speak louder than words….
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I want no more wars and everyone to be treated equally and the same. No one is better, we are all worth an equal amount. I know the typical pageant answer is world peace, but that would be the ultimate goal.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Helping disabled people, helping people that have nothing themselves. Knowing that you can make someone else's day a little brighter is what brings me happiness. Making other people smile makes me smile. 
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? A little of both. Actually, I am afraid I'm doing the second thing, settling because of what I'm doing….
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Enjoy each day and breath more. Being more active and making my dreams reality. 
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? A lot. I have made my own personal decisions. At times got steered by people I'm surrounded with, but each decision was made on my own. I listen to what my head and belly tell me. 
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? So difficult…I think the first one, if I do something it has to succeed, if not I'm gonna have a hard time. 
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I have lost 'friends' sticking up for other people. I always defend whatever side, as long as it is right. I cannot stand injustice or putting other people down, it literally sickens me. So in this case, I would choose my friend 100 times over anything else. It's the right thing to do. Not always the easiest, but the right thing. 
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? ''I hope you live a life your proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again''.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Depending on the degree of crime, I would. 
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? yes, absolutely
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I'm not sure if it's doing or thinking. I am open minded, stick up for what is right and rather take the long & bumpy road than the short one. I am always happy and soft hearted.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because everyone is different. That is just the way it is. Everyone has different interests and not everyone likes the same stuff. 
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back? Travel more, make more friends…What is holding me back? (social) anxiety, fear of the unknown, being judged by people around me. 
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes, anxiety
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? California or Colorado. California for the sun, Colorado for the beautiful nature. 
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No I don't because I don't see the point of it. 
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? That's a tough one. I like seeing things in a genius kind of way, but I also want to be joyful. I guess joyful simpleton will make you a happier person than worrying all the time. In the end it is about the quality of your life.
  22. Why are you, “you”? Partly because I was born this way and shaped by my life experiences. Not always for the better, as I am not the person that I want to be
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I would hope so…I think I make a good friend.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? The second one, you can do everything to prevent a friendship from failing, yet it will never be enough. 
  25. What are you most grateful for? The place I was born and the opportunities I have gotten because of this. I think about this almost on a daily base. I will never ever take for granted the things I have. I realize that i'm more blessed in every way possible than most other people on the globe. At times when I really want something I take a step back and think about it…do I really need it?
I will answer the next part in another post. I guess these questions can be kind of overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment