Instagram

9/03/2012

First day of school

Today was the day I have been dreading for the past 2 months. First day of going back to school. For some an exciting day they are looking forward to, and for some a day they wish would never come. One positive thing; it's my sophomore year, and not my first. Last year I might have been more excited (and nervous) to start school. And why was I not in the mood to start school this year? Perhaps because my first year of college was very difficult. A lot of new things when it comes to studying, and planning was not particulary my strongest point. But I have learned from last year and want to stay on track this year. This gives you a lot less pressure and stress, and you don't have to feel guilty all the time because there is so much work left.
I bought a week calender and want to fill it out every sundayevening. It is actually a family planner, but I use the other coloms as for different activities. From up to down there are the weekdays, and behind from left to right are the names (what I use for things to do). So for example on the first place I have cooking. What will I eat during the week (saves money and time in the store), on place 2 I have my sport activities filled out and on the third place work for school. The 4th row can be used for what is left, e.g. shopping for new clothes. This way a complete and clear overview is given and nothing can be forgotten. Furthermore, my number one priority is school and especially working my butt off to not have any resits. I cannot wait for this semester to be over. Then one more left and internship we go.
I don't think there has been one year in my life that I was looking forward to school. And I know many people around the world share this thought. Most schools and colleges have started now, but remember that one of the keys to succes is education. Later in life you are going to be thankful that you studied, no matter how hard and difficult it is or was. You can be proud of yourself off all your achievements, and consider yourself lucky. Many (young) people don't have a chance of going to school. You do, so make the most of it. School will happen, classes will continue, and the only thing you can do is make the best of every day. These college days will never come back. So even out of my mouth (and believe me it is hard to say it) Enjoy it!

And to finish this section of with some more encouragement:
Job 42:2 
"I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted''

And one of my favorite bible verses
Psalm 20:4 
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

This is what I pray today for you and me.

Love, hugs and God blessings from a girl full of hopes, dreams and plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment